Introducing the Salamander Golf Collection
Lineup features 10 Stellar Courses, including a Spectacular New Destination and a Restored Masterpiece (#PlayAll10)
Salamander Hotels & Resorts, the luxury hotel management company founded by Sheila C. Johnson, today unveiled its new Salamander Golf Collection, featuring a “Perfect 10” lineup.
With stunning Signature Designs by Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson and Larry Packard, Salamander’s 180 holes span the states of Virginia and Florida, where the company is the state’s largest independent golf course operator.
“This is of the finest collections of courses in the country, but we have also taken care to create opportunities for golfers of all skill levels to just ‘get out and play all 10,’” said Johnson, Salamander’s Founder and CEO, and an executive committee member of the United States Golf Association, where she has helped lead efforts to increase participation in the game.
In Virginia, Salamander has just added an exclusive new golf experience for guests at its luxurious Salamander Resort & Spa in Middleburg, VA, enabling them to play the nearby private Creighton Farms Golf Club, designed by Jack Nicklaus.
In the Sunshine State, the Collection includes Innisbrook Resort in Tampa Bay, where Jordan Spieth’s magical year began in March with a win at the Valspar Championship. In November, Innisbrook’s highly acclaimed Copperhead Course, a PGA TOUR site over two decades, will re-open after a six-month restorative enhancement. The “Perfect 10” also features Reunion Resort in Orlando (Palmer, Watson and Nicklaus), and Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast (Ocean and Conservatory). A fourth Salamander Florida resort, Henderson Beach Resort in Destin, is scheduled to open in summer 2016 with several golf packages for its guests.
Salamander Resort & Spa, Middleburg, VA
- What’s New? Since it opened nearly two years ago, Salamander Resort & Spa has been acclaimed as one of the country’s finest resorts. Now, it has added a golf package with the acclaimed Creighton Farms Golf Club, a Nicklaus Signature Design, which is less than a 15-minute drive away.
- What’s the Offer? The Salamander Signature Golf Package begins with a round at Creighton Farms. Relax for the evening in luxurious accommodations before playing a second round at another acclaimed local course. Packages begin at $265* per person, per night, based on double occupancy and exclusive of taxes and resort fee. It is available Sunday-Thursday and has a two-night-minimum stay. To book, call 888.279.8434 *Starting at price based on 2 nights and one round at Creighton Farms.
Innisbrook Resort, Tampa Bay, FL
- What’s New? Innisbrook’s famed Copperhead Course, the host of the PGA TOUR’s Valspar Championship, will re-open at the beginning of November after a six-month restorative enhancement that respects the guiding principles of Packard’s original design.
- What’s the Offer? Innisbrook has three other noted golf courses designed by Larry Packard: Island, North and South. Through 10/07/15, the resort is offering its Classic Golf Package with rates starting at $99. Rates are per person, per night, weekdays, based on double occupancy, and exclusive of taxes and resort fee. Stay must be consumed by 10/31/15.
Reunion Resort, Orlando, FL
- What’s New? The only resort in the world with Signature Designs by Nicklaus, Watson and Palmer, and home to the only ANNIKA Academy by Annika Sorenstam, Reunion is involved in several new initiatives, including Foot Golf (played on the Watson Course), and the World’s Largest Golf Outing on August 3 to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (Palmer Course). Work has also begun on a new clubhouse at the Nicklaus Course.
- What’s the Offer? Reunion’s Just Golf Package features unlimited golf and breakfast in the resort’s clubhouse each morning. Rates start at $201 per person, per night, based on quad occupancy in a three-bedroom villa, and exclusive of taxes and resort fee. Travel dates are 09/04/15 to 12/20/15.
Hammock Beach Resort, Palm Coast, FL
- What’s New? Hammock Beach features two spectacular golf courses. The beautiful Conservatory Course by Tom Watson was recently renovated to install Paspalum Platinum grass on the greens, while The Ocean Course by Jack Nicklaus features six holes that directly play along the Atlantic Ocean.
- What’s the Offer? Hammock Beach’s Just Golf Package features golf on arrival and departure days, unlimited golf on all other days, and grab-and-go breakfast each morning. Rates start at $214 per person, per night, and based on quad occupancy in a three-bedroom villa. Travel dates are 09/04/15 to 12/20/15.
About Salamander Hotels & Resorts
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is a privately owned and operated company based in Middleburg, VA, just outside Washington, D.C. Founded by entrepreneur Sheila C. Johnson in 2005, the company has a portfolio that features a collection of three stellar Florida golf resorts including Innisbrook Resort near Tampa, Reunion Resort in Orlando and Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast; the luxurious Salamander Resort & Spa in Middleburg, a 340-acre equestrian-inspired property near Washington, D.C.; and the development and management of The Henderson, a 170-room beachfront resort in Destin, FL; For additional information, call (540) 687-3710 or visit www.salamanderhotels.com.