Bid on Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences in the David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic Auction
11 / 17 / 2011
Bidding in Online Event Opens November 17
Boston, MA – November 17, 2011 – Sports fans will have the chance to make a difference in the lives of children in need. Beginning Wednesday November 17, fans will be able to bid on once in a lifetime experiences, dream packages and sports memorabilia during the David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic online auction. The auction benefits the David Ortiz Children’s Fund, a non-profit organization that provides critical care services to children in need.
This year’s auction can be found at http://davidortizchildrensfund.org/ and will be open until 11:59 p.m. ET on December 2, 2011 where items will then move live to the event. On-line bidders will be represented by proxy on-site at the event. Some of the items that fans will bid on include:
- Hitting Lessons with David Ortiz - The ultimate pre game! Visit batting practice and tour the stadium prior to a 2012 home game and get to meet David Ortiz. Also included is a pair of seats for the game. (Date to be mutually agreed upon for a 2012 Home Game.)
- The Chance to play catch with Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedrioa - Step out with Dustin Pedroia, one of the best in the game! In just four years in the league, Pedroia has won several awards including the 2007 AL Rookie of the Year, 2008 AL MVP, Gold Glove, and a Silver Slugger Award. Win this once in a lifetime opportunity and get fielding tips from the Red Sox second baseman. The winner of this experience will also receive four (4) tickets to a Boston Red Sox home game at Fenway Park. (Experience to include a game of catch with Dustin Pedroia and four (4) tickets to a Boston Red Sox home game at Fenway Park for a mutually agreed upon date in the 2012 season.)
- Style360 @ New York Fashion Week - Two (2) tickets for VIP access to Style360, a multi-day fashion showcase during New York Fashion Week February 2012. Winners will be awarded VIP access to all fashion shows, backstage, media suite access, and after parties hosted at exclusive NYC nightclub. Front row seats also included. Package includes a three (3) night stay at the New York Marriott Marquis and two (2) roundtrip JetBlue Vouchers
- The Hero & Prodigy Package – Enjoy a Thirty (30) minute tennis session with Andy Roddick .The package also includes an autographed copy of Agassi’s autobiography “Open” and autographed tennis ball from both Agassi and Roddick.
- The US Open Package - Two (2) US Open Suite tickets for one (1) day session during the first week of the Tournament. A two (2) night stay at the New York Marriott Marquis plus Dinner for Two (2) at Crossroads American Kitchen & Bar and two (2) roundtrip JetBlue Vouchers
- Dominican Paradise Getaway – Once in a lifetime vacation for 12 people at the Golden Dolphin Villa located on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic. Package includes a five (5) night, six (6) day all inclusive vacation for 12 people at the Golden Dolphin Villa. Also included are six (6) spa treatments, one (1) round of golf for six (6) players at the neighboring Playa Grande Golf Club. Meals will be prepared daily by the private chef at your request.
The online auction is one part of the 4th Annual David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic which takes place December 1-4, 2011 at the Fishing Lodge Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic. Expected to attend this star-studded event are some of sports biggest names including: Red Sox Legend Pedro Martinez , NBA Great Bill Russell, Yankees Slugger Robinson Cano, MLB Hall of Famers Rickey Henderson, Roberto Alomar and Jim Rice, Toronto Blue Jays star Jose Bautista and many of Baseball’s other stars including Johan Santana, Jose Reyes, Tim Wakefield, Johnny Damon, MLB-TV Analyst Sean Casey, and Red Sox Legend Luis Tiant. Also in attendance are VIPs from the world of entertainment including Sam Page, Mike O’Malley, Rachel Dratch, Jeffery Donovan, Don Omar, Kat DeLuna, Anthony Anderson, Marlon Wayans, Quinton Aaron, Morris Chestnut, Jill Marie Jones.
"I always look forward to gathering with all my friends for my annual David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Tournament. It is a wonderful opportunity to showcase my home country -the Dominican Republic -while raising money for children who can't afford the healthcare they need,” Ortiz said. “I would like to thank all of our sponsors and friends for their generous donations to help make this years auction a success.”
Some additional items in this year’s auction include the chance to be an honorary Bat Girl/Boy for an upcoming Red Sox game, VIP passes to the Justin Timberlake Open in Las Vegas, a pair of autographed Dwight Howard sneakers, MLB Network behind the scenes Meet & Greet, a Stella McCartney handbag, and jerseys, bats and balls from members of the 2011 Red Sox. Fans not in attendance be sure to follow @davidortiz and use the hashtag #OrtizGolfClassic on twitter for all the latest news surrounding the David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic including new auction items that will be added leading up to the event.
The David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic benefits the Children’s Fund which began in 2006 as a way for David to help children in his home country of the Dominican Republic. In 2009, the Fund expanded its life-saving mission to New England, helping to bring critical care services to children in need through a partnership with Massachusetts General Hospital.
About the David Ortiz Children’s Fund
The David Ortiz Children’s Fund (DOCF) is committed to helping children in New England and the Dominican Republic that do not have access to the critical pediatric services they need. The DOCF is proud to partner with Massachusetts General Hospital to fulfill its mission in New England and with the World Pediatric Project to fulfill its mission in the Dominican Republic. These organizations are committed to healing as many children as possible by providing critical pediatric healthcare. Working together, these organizations are increasing the number of children that will receive lifesaving services. For more information on the David Ortiz Children’s Fund, please visit http://www.davidortizchildrensfund.org/.