The Henderson - Fact Sheet
- Name: The Henderson, A Salamander Beach & Spa Resort
- Address: 200 Henderson Resort Way, Destin, FL 32541
- Website: www.hendersonbeachresort.com
- Reservations: 855.741.2777
- Resort Questions: 800 521.6735
- Group and Wedding Sales: 800-521-6735 (no reservations just RFPs)
About The Henderson
Reminiscent of a luxurious grand seaside manner of yesteryear, The Henderson, a Salamander Beach & Spa Resort, seamlessly blends modern conveniences with the nostalgia of days gone by — all set against a backdrop of the authentic bustling beach town of Destin located on the Northwest Florida Gulf Coast. Adjacent to 200 acres of pristine preserve and steps from miles of sugar-sand beaches and emerald waters, The Henderson is one of the finest luxury resort to open along Florida’s Gulf Coast in a generation. The Henderson captures the romance of traditional coastal architecture with striking shingles and steep gable rooflines that give reverence to Florida’s deep nautical history. Inside, the 170-room hotel features spacious, coastal-inspired guest rooms and suites with sweeping balconies or terraces, a fine dining farm- and sea-to-table restaurant, a beautiful Salamander Spa, two swimming pools, and a host of family-friendly recreational programs and activities.
170 spacious, luxury guest rooms including a total of 8 guest suites
- King with full sleeper sofa bed
- King Bed no sofa bed
- Double Queen Rooms
- Connecting rooms (12 sets)
- Gulf – View of Gulf and preserve or Gulf
Pool - View of the pool and Gulf
- Garden – View of piazza (front entry) and lush gardens at the front of the resort or Crystal Beach
- Guest Floors – two, three and four with Gulf View, Pool Views or Garden View
- Primrose – (breakfast, lunch dinner service) with a private dining room, 6:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
Sea Level – Poolside Bar and Grill, 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m. (seasonal)
- Sprinkles – Ice Cream Shop, 6:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Beachside Grill (West Lawn) – Sandwiches, snacks and beverages, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (seasonal)
- Horizons – Lobby level lounge bar with marble fireplace and Gulf view, 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Sushi Bar – inside Primrose restaurant – 5:30-10 p.m.
Sea Level Poolside Bar & Grill – 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m. (seasonal)
- Beach Club Bar by the beach on the Gulf - 11:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Seasonal)
- Sunrise Deck – off of Primrose
Sunset Deck – off the Horizons
- Sunset Vista – on 5th Floor
- Adults Pool – Lushly landscaped heated pool for guests 18 years and up.
- Family pool with meandering lazy river and a kid zone splash pad.
- Grand Lawn
- Beachside East
- Nature-inspired day spa with a Gulf view featuring 11 treatment rooms, including couples rooms, water therapy rooms and relaxation lounges.
- State-of-the-art fitness center featuring daily fitness classes and wellness programs.
- Umbrella, chairs at $35 per day per set and food and beverage service.
- Paddle boarding, kayaks, kick boards rentals on the Henderson Beach.
- Complimentary for guest to use during their stay (two bikes per room) Additional bikes are available for a fee per day, per bike.
- Poppy’s, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Designed for ages 3-12, children must be able to use the restroom. Daily outdoor activities/crafts/swimming.
- 30,000 plus square-feet of indoor/outdoor group options including: ballrooms, lush lawns, pool decks, and a rooftop terrace
- Dedicated meeting wing
- 5,221-square-foot Grand Ballroom (The Crystal Ballroom)
- 1,254-sqaure-foot Junior Ballroom (Destin Ballroom)
- 1,000-square-foot Hospitality Suite (Dunavant Boardroom)
- Private dining room
- Five-diamond level synchronized service
Henderson Art Collection
465 pieces of original artwork by 13 local artists and artisans on display throughout the hotel
Leisure rates for guest rooms range from $225 to $450 and from $595 to $1,250 for suites. Special packages and opening offers are available.
Tax: 11% (5% bed tax, 6% sales tax)
200 daily departures and arrivals from cities including Atlanta, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Tampa and Washington, D.C.
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) Panama City Beach, FL, 50 miles/60 minutes
- Fort Walton Beach-Destin Regional Airport (VPS) Valparaiso, FL, 20 miles/30 minutes
- Pensacola International Airport (PNS) Pensacola, FL, 75 miles/85 minutes
- Destin Executive Airport (DTS) Destin, FL, 10 minutes
Private Beach Access
All registered guest of The Henderson will have private beach access. The Henderson Beach offers a private beach club plus water sports activities, beach set ups (fee) and food and beverage service.
Daily complimentary amenities and services for Henderson guests
- Henderson Beach Resort’s private beach access
- Beach-Sets available one day during your stay
- Access to beach snacks and beverage service just steps from the sugar-white sand of the private Henderson Beach
- Concierge transportation to nearby Destin events and activities including the Destin Harbor, Destin Commons, Silver Sands Premium Outlet, Legendry Marina and Henderson Beach State Park
- Daily family pass to Henderson Beach State Park
- Your choice of two hours of select activities on the resort per stay:
- Paddle Board
- Beach Bikes
- Kick Boards
- Fitness Classes
- Nature Tours
- Business Center offering a dedicated concierge (weekdays)
- Public Notary (weekdays)
Activities and attractions within a short shuttle drive or courtesy car
- Destin Commons
- Silver Sands Premium Outlets
- Mattie Kelly Cultural Arts Village
- Regatta Bay Golf Club
- Kelly Plantation Golf Club
- Tennis at Regatta Bay
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Snorkeling, scuba and snuba
- Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park
- Boating — Pontoons, Sailing
- Watersports — Paddle boarding, kayaking, jet skis, parasailing, kite boarding
- Destin Harbor
- HarborWalk Village
- Destin History & Fishing Museum
- Destin Brewery
- Night Life